Twitter

Saturday 12 May 2012

Free stuff

Come tomorrow, it will be a week since I have been back from Glasgow. I sometimes still can't believe that my exam is over. Sure, I haven't got my results, but the pressure of taking the exam is off. Plus I feel rather good about it. =) *I will pass my exam. I will pass my exam. I will pass my exam. Repeat 30 times*

I received a parcel this morning actually afternoon. I was happy and surprised because I wasn't expecting anything and the box did not reveal whom it was from. Opened it and the stuff was bubble wrapped and wrapped again inside in purple tissue and rather heavy!!! So curious at that time. It was two 500 ml bottles of Aussie Miracle Moist shampoos!!! 1 for me and another for a friend I chose when I entered the competition. Her's was customized with a message from me on the bottle itself!!!



This is what I want to talk about today. Free stuff!!! If you know me personally, you would probably know that I love getting free samples and coupons and discounts. I mean, who doesn't? But I search them out. I sign up to websites that list freebies. My favourite freebie website is MagicFreebiesUK. However, some people turn their noses up at me when they discover this hobby of mine. They probably think I'm being cheap. Which is true, I'm not denying it. What I don't get is how is that wrong? You need something, and if you can try it out for free first, why not right? If you only need something once and only in a small amount, if you can get it free instead of having to buy the humongous bottle, why not?

I have not bought any tea (except for 1 box when I first came, and it's still more than half full) or coffee since I came here, and I have been here for 3 years. I don't drink much of these, which is why free samples are good. I can't finish like an entire bottle of coffee or a box of tea. I'd be wasting my money if I buy them when the craving strikes. So free samples help me save plus I get lots of variety! What's wrong with that? Even if you do drink a lot of it, what's not to love about getting 1 or 2 more tea bags for free?

Perfume. I love perfume but I don't have the habit of wearing it. I usually only use it for occasions or on holidays. So I have never bought any branded perfume (unless you count Body Shop). But I have perfume from Juicy Couture, Molton Brown, Britney Spears, Lancome, Ed Hardy, Burberry, and just recently Viktor & Rolf! They are all tiny bottles, yes, but I don't use them often and I have an array to choose from! Plus because they are small, they are good for traveling and storing in handbags!!! I love it when I'm able to bring four different perfumes along for a trip.

Some of my perfume

Free make up! Yes, that is a full sized Rimmel foundation.

Skincare products are really good when they come as samples too because you get to see if it works for you before you spend that 50 bucks on it. Or as traveling toiletries. Ok, I really love free samples a lot because they make awesome traveling toiletries. I'm not the kind that goes out to buy miniature moisturizers and stuff. I'm the kind that collects free samples and use them when needed. It saves me a lot! Do you know how much miniature things cost? They are usually more expensive per ml or gram than bigger ones. Plus it reduces wastage that occurs when transferring from big bottles to small bottles.


Furthermore, it's not like I go grabbing every single free thing there is. Only things that I might use or need. So there isn't a wastage.

So I don't get why people view it as a bad thing. It's fine if you don't participate in it. I'm not trying to force you. Heck, don't fight with me for free samples!!! Hahaha. I just don't like it when people turn their noses up at me for that. Get over yourself. 

Life is too short, get the most out of it!

2 comments: